Revised: 22 Sept 2015
- COLLECTION AND USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect your personal information when you:
- use the Website,
- use, subscribe to, or interact with our social media platforms,
- nter promotions or contests organised by Dream Academy or our partners,
- subscribe to our mailing list,
- submit a survey, submit a query, provide feedback, or communicate with us through the Website’s “Contact Us” function, through physical or online forms, or via email or telephone,
- indicate your interests in, or request us to contact you regarding, any of our membership, loyalty or crowdfunding programmes, or our package deals and discounts,
- provide us with your personal information for any other reason.
We may collect your personal information directly from you, or through third parties whom you have authorised to provide your personal information to us.
1.2 The personal information which we collect depends on the nature of your interaction with us, and may include without limitation:
- Contact number
- Email address
- Residential address
- Date of birth
- Identification number
1.3 You do not need to provide the abovementioned personal information to generally browse the Website. However, we may collect other information when you browse the Website. Such information may include without limitation:
- Search queries
- Internet protocol address
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser
- Web beacons and other tracking technology.
1.4 If you contact Dream Academy, we may keep a record of your communication to help to resolve any issues that you may be facing.
1.5 All personal information and other information collected may be used by Dream Academy in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- responding to and taking follow-up action on queries and complaints,
- performing office administrative matters,
- communicating with you regarding your tickets to Dream Academy productions and events,
- seeking feedback and comments on Dream Academy, its activities, events, business and operational matters,
- promoting and marketing the activities, events and services of Dream Academy,
- providing you with updates on the activities, events and services of Dream Academy,
- providing you with responses and services that you have requested pursuant to filling up our relevant form(s) (e.g. employment, volunteering, studio rental etc),
- administering promotions, lucky draws and contests, including identifying and contacting winners, and conducting publicity and marketing in relation to such promotions, lucky draws and contests.
- administering and managing any Dream Academy membership/loyalty programmes, discount programmes or package deals for which you have signed up,
- providing you with a personalized experience or otherwise tailoring our activities, events and services to you,
- improving the promotion and marketing of the activities, events and services of Dream Academy,
- any other purpose relating to the above.
In relation to particular interactions that you may have with us, we may also specifically notify you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- our officers and employees,
- our professional advisors (such as lawyers and auditors),
- our service providers,
- vendors and third party business partners who offer goods or services or sponsor contests or promotions in conjunction with us,
- any other person to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal information.
In doing so, we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. In carrying out our operations, events, productions, activities and services, we may transfer your personal information overseas (for example, when we utilise an overseas service provider). Where your personal information is transferred out of Singapore, we will, where required, obtain your consent. We will also take appropriate steps to ascertain that the foreign recipient is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide to the transferred personal information a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection under Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
2.1 Dream Academy shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal information by you to other users of the Website.
3. ACCESS TO INFORMATION AND REQUEST FOR AMENDMENT
3.1 Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that requests for access to information and amendment of information are properly dealt with in accordance with the procedures specified herein.
3.2 All requests for information or requests for the amendment of information held by Dream Academy shall be made by completing Dream Academy’s standard Request for Information/Amendment of Information form (PDF available here), and sending a copy of the duly completed form to Dream Academy via post or fax at:
Dream Academy Studio Pte. Ltd.
Address: 203 Henderson Road, #02-01 Henderson Industrial Park (Lift Lobby A), Singapore 159547
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Contact Number: +65 91419195
Fax Number: +65 62780577
3.4 Dream Academy may refuse to disclose or amend any information for the reasons set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
3.5 As far as reasonably possible, Dream Academy will respond to your request within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the request. If that is not possible, you will be so notified within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt of the request.
3.6 A fee will be imposed on each submission of a request for access to personal data. Dream Academy will notify you of the applicable fee upon receipt of your request. All payments shall be made by way of cheque made out to Dream Academy Studio Pte. Ltd. Please note that Dream Academy is not obliged to act on your request if the applicable fee is not paid.
4.1 You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in Dream Academy’s control by submitting our standard Request for Information/Amendment of Information form (link available from Section 3.2 above). To withdraw your consent to receiving marketing and promotional material through our mailing list, you may unsubscribe via our electronic direct mailers.
4.2 Dream Academy will process your request within a reasonable time after such a request for withdrawal of consent has been made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request. However, your withdrawal of consent may result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the nature and extent of your withdrawal request, Dream Academy may not be able to continue to provide services or to continue our existing relationship with you. Your request may also result in a termination of any agreement between us and you, with your being in breach of your contractual undertakings to us.
5.1 Appropriate safeguards are taken to prevent any loss or misuse, or any unauthorised access, disclosure or modification of your personal information. However, Dream Academy cannot guarantee absolute and unqualified protection, and assume no liability for security breaches or any failure of security attributable to factors beyond our reasonable control.
- comply with law, regulations or guidelines imposed by the authorities or government agencies of the Republic of Singapore,
- enforce terms of any agreement between you and Dream Academy,
- protect the rights, property and safety of Dream Academy, other users of the Website, or any other party.
Dream Academy may also release your personal information in the manner permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
6.2 Should you require further information about the treatment of your personal information by Dream Academy, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 91419195.